Our first day back to school was an adventure to say the least.
It all began with Sunday evening, when our bathroom window (one we have been trying to fix so we can open more than 1 window in our house) falling out and crashing into our bathtub. It shattered. At the time, it was kinda funny.
Later it wasn't. I think we both cried a little.
Monday morning, the day that school started. We woke up, late as usual and were doing our best to hurry and get ready. I was eating breakfast and Trevor was shaving when the incident happened. I was minding my own business, trying to mentally prepare myself for the insane day that I was going to have, when all of the sudden I heard Trevor FLIPPING OUT in our bathroom. My first thoughts are, "OH MY GOSH! He cut his hand on something or grabbed my very HOT straightener or something!" It scared me to death. I walked into the bathroom and saw him looking terrified and pointing and the wall next to me where our towels hang. Sitting on Trevor's towel was a MASSIVE spider. It really was nasty!!
Finally, Trevor was able to tell me what happened. He was drying his face off on his towel, and noticed a GIANT spider right next to his head. After that, it took him a while to get up the courage to kill it (I wasn't about to). Then the rest of the morning, if something lightly touched him he flipped out.
It was pretty funny! I had never seen/heard him act like that before. But it scared me to DEATH. It literally took me until about 11:00 am to stop shaking.
Then I had 9 hours of work along with 3 hours of class to run to. It was a long day, but it might be a good semester after all.
P.S. If you have any good ideas about how we can fix our window, we would really appreciate it. We went and looked to see if we could just replace the entire thing instead of just the glass, but they don't make them the same size anymore.....
1 comment :
Man, that's too bad about your window! And scary with the spider! I think if I was Trevor and saw that thing next to my face I'd have to shake out my towels for the rest of my life. I hope the rest of your first week went better!
Post a Comment