Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Why I have stayed in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Hey guys! I'm about to get serious today. Weird, right?

Well, I've had a handful of friends who have recently left the Mormon church for various reasons. And most of them have posted their feelings and reasons online. I feel like its about time for me to post my reasons why I am staying. No matter what.

I grew up in the church. It is such a habit for me, that I honestly don't know what I would do with myself without it. The gospel and the teachings of Christ are part of who I am, and no matter the views of the world, I will never walk away from this.

I believe in the Book of Mormon. I read it every single day (almost) and I have a strong testimony of its truthfulness and its teachings. And the prophets. All of them.

My family. All I want is to be with my Trevor and my family for forever. Why in the world would I ever jeopardize that? Even when I have some doubts, because everyone does, I know that I will never risk not being able to be with my family forever. To me, that just makes sense. I also have a little baby waiting for me. I just want to meet him and hear his little voice and know him and be his mom.
 
There are days that are really hard. Especially having kids in the picture. Church with Piper is rough. Its better with nursery now. But, Sundays are busy, busy, busy. I do singing time for Primary and Trevor is in the Elder's Quorum presidency. By the time we get home from church, all 3 of us are ready to crash. Its fun! But sometimes it can be really hard to get up and go. I know that I am blessed every single week that I go.

I go every Sunday for Piper, too. The more we go, the easier it gets with her. Its a habit now. I know for some mom's it can be REALLY hard to keep going with toddlers, nap time, lunch time, and all of those things, but I promise it does get easier. Piper was the hardest kid at church. I found myself crying in the mother's room almost every week during Sunday school because I was just so tired.We kept working and going because we wanted it for her. We want Piper to grow up knowing the Gospel and to know that her parent's both have strong testimonies.

Of course, there are many other reasons why I chose to stay. But, I just wanted to jot down some of my main thoughts today. The more simple ones.

That's mostly it for me. My heart is just breaking for the people who have left the church for whatever reason. I understand that people have their own reasons and beliefs, and I'm not trying to make a discussion about this, just express my testimony a little, I guess....



That's all. I know that this is a bit different for my blog, but I've been feeling prompted to write more about my beliefs and my testimony.