Thursday, July 30, 2015

hayley's birth story

Well, it all started Wednesday afternoon, 
the day before my scheduled induction. 
I got a call from the Hospital to see if we could possibly come in at midnight instead 
of the next morning. 
Duh! 
I was SO ready to have her out of my belly haha! 

So, we coordinated with my parents, 
who watched Piper for us for a few days,
and Trevor and I went out for a yummy, extra filling dinner, 
and packed our bags and headed to the hospital.


out last picture as a family of 3! 

We got all checked in at the hospital and were just waiting 
to get a base-line heart rate for the baby before the doctors 
would give me the pitocin. 
It took 3 hours!!! 
She was wild! More active than I had ever felt her 
through the entire pregnancy. 
Pretty crazy! 

So things finally got started around 4:00 am. 
My doctor came in and broke my water and they started me on the drugs. 
Things picked up quickly from there. 
My contractions were strong REALLY fast and intense.

I wasn't really ready for my epidural, but the anesthesiologist was about to go 
into some back to back c-sections, so I decided to get it a bit early
because I wasn't sure I would make it another hour. 

Around 8:30 am, my nurse came and checked me and I was 
dilated to almost a 5. 
Making some progress. I texted my mom and said that I thought we 
would have a baby by about noon.

Then, I started feeling a TON more pressure and I started getting a bit of a headache. 
So after I sent this snapchat:


I woke up Trevor and asked him to grab me some ice chips.
But, before he could even leave the room, 
my nurse came back in to check me again.

and I was a 10! 
It was time to have a baby! 

Thankfully my doctor was really close by!
I pushed for a few contractions, and there she was!!!
SO fast! 

I will take a 5 1/2 hour labor anytime! 
It was short and intense.

Sadly, I only got to hold Hayley for a little bit before they had to take her to the NICU.
She was having a bit of trouble breathing, nothing major, 
she just needed a little extra help. 
She was in there for about 3 1/2 hours, but we were apart for almost 6. 
I was pretty worried to be starting breast feeding so late after she was born, 
but thankfully that hasn't been a problem for us! 

And she has been perfect! 
We were able to go home the next day (Friday) 
as soon as she had been out of the NICU for 24 hours.
So we got home at about 5:30 pm and have settled into our house.

Piper had a blast hanging with my family for a few days, 
and so far she's been pretty good! 
She loves having a baby sister and Hayley sure is one loved little baby!






And since lots of people have asked, 
my rib is OK. 
Still pretty sore, and I still have trouble getting out of bed alone, 
but I'm feeling pretty good.
I didn't re-brake it or anything, thankfully! 


Hayley and I are doing great! Just adjusting to our new reality! 

Thanks for all the love and support! 

Love you all!




No comments :