Monday, November 23, 2015

What Lack I Yet?

This talk by Elder Lawrence was one that really stood out to me. 
I guess its one that I actually remember hearing.
Conference with little kids is no joke people. 
I'm soooo glad that they publish the talks so that I can go back and read/listen to 
them on my own later. 

Go and read this one! 
It is such a great reminder of why we are on the earth 
and a testimony of the Atonement. 

I love what Elder Lawrence said....
"The Holy Ghost doesn't tell us to improve everything at once.
If He did, we would become discouraged and give up. The Spirit
works with us at our own speed, one step at a time, or as the Lord
has taught, 'line upon line, precept upon precept... for unto him that 
receiveth I will give more.'"

 He also said, a bit later in his talk, 
"The Spirit can show us our weaknesses, but He is also able to show us
our strengths. Sometimes we need to ask what we are doing right 
so that the Lord can lift and encourage us.... 
He rejoices every time we take a step forward. To Him, 
our direction is ever more important than our speed."

And Elder Lawrence also quoted President Monson, 
"It is our duty to be better today than we were yesterday, and better 
tomorrow than we are today."

THAT is always what I strive for.
And pray for. 
I constantly ask the Lord for help to be better tomorrow than 
I was today.
Especially at this time in my life. 
I think that Motherhood has brought me to my knees more than 
any other time of my life before. 
And I'm sure it will never stop.
I find that mostly I pray for help to just be better tomorrow.
To be kinder, to listen better, and to find what I might be lacking. 

This talk was a great one for me. It was such a good reminder 
that my "direction is more important than speed."
I hope I'm moving the right way, even if I'm really not getting there quickly :) 
But I'm trying. 


No comments :