Monday, October 17, 2016

October Crafts

For the last little while, Piper hasn't really had much interest in playing with me.
I suggest lots of things to do and she's was rarely participating.
So I had an idea, or maybe some inspiration
to do a craft a day in the month of October. 
I thought it would be a fun way for us to reconnect and do something 
creative together. 
I think helping kids be creative is super important. 

So, we got a later start than I planned, but we've done a few fun crafts together.
None of these are super exciting.
I got most of the ideas off Pinterest. 
And she doesn't usually sit still for long, 
so I consider anything that she does for more than 10 minutes
that isn't watching TV, a complete success!
haha

Here are a few that we've done so far:



Painting pumpkins.
Easy easy. 
Just buy pumpkins and use some washable acrylic paint. 
Piper's started out colorful and fun, but every few days she's added more paint,
so now they're mostly black.
But still fun!



Mummies!
I cut out little people shapes and then we used masking tape to wrap them up
and glued on some eyes.
Again, not hard at all,
but this was fun! 




Then we made Halloween silhouettes.
We used water colors to paint a background and
glued on pumpkins, bats, and kitties that I cut out.
I need to get a picture of her finished one.
Its cute!



And we made candy corn. 
We cut out little pieces of paper to glue to our candycorn shapes.
She LOVED this one. 
Piper really loves anything that involves cutting paper. haha
And she requested glitter for hers. 
So her little candycorn is colorful and sparkly!

We've also finger painted and a few other things, 
but we have some more crafts coming up over the next few days! 
I'll keep sharing. 

And I think we are going to keep this up and try for 
2 or 3 fun season-themed crafts a week. 
So, if you have any good ideas, please send them my way!
Thanksgiving and Christmas will be extra fun, I'm sure! 
 

No comments :