Wednesday, September 24, 2014

more on motherhood

Hi all! 

We are having a fun week!
Just a bunch of violin lessons, play dates, and multiple target runs (I have a problem haha) 
But, today I had some thoughts and I decided to write them down.

So, I've been thinking a bunch about the last 2 years and my growth as a mother.
I have learned so much!
More than I can ever right down. 
So many things have changed over the last 2 years.
And while I miss baby Piper every day,
I am LOVING this stage more than I thought I would. 

While I have some pretty crummy days, I'm having a handful of awesome days too!
And today I realized what the difference is between those days. 
Its not super insightful, but just what I've noticed about myself.

On the good days, I'm fully absorbed. 
I wake up in the morning ready to go and try to keep up a positive attitude. 
And I stay absorbed.
We play, learn, and do our chores. 
I try to keep her involved in almost everything I do, but we also have independent times. 

I try super hard not to pay attention to my to-do list,
but Piper loves helping. 
She loves going to the stores with me and helping with almost everything around the house.
(Except the vacuum, she is still terrified... I'm raising a wimp. haha)
Seriously, she washed ALL the cupboards in our kitchen that she could reach.
Hand the kid a paper towel and she will GO! :)

I know its nothing new, but its been a nice realization.
And it helps me adjust my attitude on the crummy days. 

I love being a mom. 
I think it took me a while to get here. 
Longer than most.
But I think I finally am really loving my job as Piper's mom!

Seriously though!
Look at that face!



In other news, we are raising a wimp. 
I don't know how to help her other than talk to her...
But I am not kidding, she is afraid of everything.

An example:
Today on our walk, I found a praying mantis, 
picked it up, and put it on her leg.
She was terrified... and cried for the rest of our walk and then didn't come near me
for a while.
I felt terrible, but the kid is a total wimp!

haha

Well, that's all for today. 
And its not all that exciting, just some words from me. 

No comments :